Sunday, March 2, 2008

Back from New York

It is Sunday morning and I am just starting to feel awake again. Todd and I hit New York on Thursday morning and got back late Friday night. The trip itself was great, no travel nightmares, but my head felt like it had gone to an all you can eat buffet and gorged.

I don't think I am ready to process all of the thoughts, inspiration, challenges and ideas presented at the International Arts Movement Exchange. Right now I am just incredibly grateful to Mako Fujimura and his staff, volunteers and presenters. I have never been to a conference which affirmed and challenged me in this way and I would encourage anyone who would be reading this blog for any reason to put it on your calendar for next year. I don't know what the dates are yet, but put it on the calendar anyway.

I heard so many people in hallway conversations, workshops and even the big plenary sessions saying the same thing: "I just found out about this thing earlier this week and I knew I had to come. I'm not alone! There are other people like me!"

The most exciting thing is that Todd and I came home with a list a mile long of people we want to connect with. We are in an amazing position (and unique at this point in time) to actually begin to act on the theories developing.

I'm going to stop now because I realize this is making no sense, I'm still in babbling mode. I'll give more details and thoughts in installments, but for now - wow!

No comments: