Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Lay It Down" by Jay Smith

These are the lyrics to the song Jay wrote and performed in worship Sunday night. Absolutely beautiful.

Lay It Down

John. I'm tired and I'm afraid 

I'm sure of the plans I've made,

but I can't sleep.

 

For I know, that tomorrow brings the night.

So let's wait for the sun to rise,

It's the last for me.
 
I'll lay it down.
 
I fear. I fear for the things you'll see,
What they will do to me.
Or will you be there?
 

I'm scared. For the pain it will split my bones.

and the burden is mine alone.

It's a lot to bear.
 
I'll lay it down. I'll lay it down.
I'll lay my head down.
Down on you.
 
I've been loved, but this time I will not be.
When friends become enemies.
I may be tough.
 
But I'll hang, and I look down upon the crowd.
I'll cry inside and cry out loud.
I may give up.

 

So I'll lay it down. I'll lay it down.

I'll lay my head down.
Down on you.
Down on you.
Down on you.

No comments: