Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Patience: Tuesday January 19

Psalm 33:14-19
"...from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth - he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine."

Sometimes our lives are like a clothesline and we hang our confidence and issues on our line of hope. If that line isn't sturdy then whatever we hang on it all comes falling down when it breaks.

What things do you put faith in as the foundations of your life?

Prayer: Pray that God shows you the intricacies of the false hope that we believe in every day.

2 comments:

theo said...

Yes, we put false hope in things, material goods, a paycheck, people, relationships, etc. Death of a loved one tests your hope, your faith, but it can also restore your hope in a God who forgives our human weaknesses. Why is it that it takes crisis or loss sometimes to wake us up from our fog of self-reliance? Why do we lose hope in some people who might not live up to our expectations, when really, they are loving, lovable & hungry for hope or faith? Are we paying attention to them? I know I sometimes don't, if I'm too busy. Yet I can pray for true hope for these, as others prayed for me many years ago. This daily blog helps me to focus on my creator & Saviour, when the to-do list or clothesline of hope drags to the ground.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]